Government guidelines on Covid-19 are regularly updated. We would ask that you check these carefully for any restrictions that might impact on your plans to travel to St George’s House. For the latest guidance and restrictions please click here.
We very much look forward to welcoming guests back to St George’s House. We have worked hard to make all parts of the House as Covid secure as possible and have put together the following guidance which we hope you will find both helpful and reassuring.
Lateral Flow Testing
- The House will not ask guests to carry out Lateral Flow testing onsite. However, we would encourage all our guests to carry out their own test at home prior to coming to the House.
- Should you or anyone in your household display symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you remain at home and follow government guidance on self-isolating.
- We ask that all guests check their temperature on arrival using the non-contact thermometer located in reception. Anyone displaying a temperature of 37.8° or above will be asked to return home and follow government guidance.
- All guests will be required to log their details for the NHS Test and Trace scheme by scanning the official NHS QR code in reception.
- Face coverings must be worn on arrival and whilst moving around St George’s House and surrounding buildings.
- We are operating a one way system from reception and the main staircase to minimise congestion in small spaces.
- We ask that all guests practice regular and thorough hand-washing, using their ensuite facilities where possible to minimize the use of public facilities.
- We ask that contactless payments be made where possible.
- Our staff will be asked to carry out Lateral Flow Tests on a regular basis at home before coming to the House.
- All staff will have daily temperature checks. Anyone displaying a temperature of 37.8° or above will be asked to return home. They will be asked to request a Covid-19 test and to follow government guidance on self-isolating.
- Face coverings, gloves and any additional PPE required will be worn during all contact with guests.
- Staff will wash hands at regular intervals and observe social distancing guidance with other staff members and guests.
Meeting Space and Public Areas
- We have assessed all of our meeting spaces and public areas and reconfigured these in accordance with current social distancing guidance of 1m+. Maximum numbers are displayed by each room.
- You will find hand sanitiser points located at all entrances and exits as well as throughout the building.
- Meeting rooms and equipment will be sanitised at the end of each day.
- Water coolers have been installed in each meeting room. Guests are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles or use the glasses provided.
- All guest information is now available by scanning the QR code located on the back of bedroom doors. Should you require any information please do not hesitate to ask a staff member.
In addition to our usual high standards of cleaning, the following changes have been implemented.
- We will service rooms only on departure and not during your short stay. Guests staying multiple nights who require a change of towels, for example, should ask at reception.
- Housekeeping staff will place additional emphasis on the cleaning of common areas.
- We have temporarily removed smaller items from the bedrooms including tea and coffee making facilities. A coffee machine is located in the Sitting Room for use when the catering team are not onsite.
- Our housekeeping team will be provided with PPE whilst cleaning bedrooms. We will also have windows and doors open during the process to ensure proper ventilation.
- Any maintenance needs identified by guests or housekeeping staff will only be addressed after the rooms have been vacated unless urgent, in which case they will be addressed as soon as possible but with guests away from their rooms. If maintenance work will necessitate external contractors, the guests will be moved to an alternative room before the work is carried out.
- All meals will be plated and served by staff.
- Staff will be provided with the correct PPE for all hospitality services.
- Guests will be encouraged to wash their hands before all meals and hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to dining areas.
- Single sachets of condiments will be available upon request.