Government guidelines on Covid-19 are regularly updated. We would ask that you check these carefully for any restrictions that might impact on your plans to travel to St George’s House. For the latest guidance and restrictions please click here.
We very much look forward to the autumn and winter programme ahead, operating in a ‘New Normal’ way. Whilst most restrictions and guidelines have been eased, we are determined to do our best to keep all guests and staff as safe as possible whilst ensuring an enjoyable visit. The information below sets out how we will continue to work and outlines various best practices we would strongly encourage all guests to maintain.
- Should you or anyone in your household display symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you refer to the government guidelines on self-isolating and testing. Current Government Guidelines
- We would encourage all guests to carry out their own Lateral Flow Test at home before travelling to the House. Proof of test will not be required, nor will proof of vaccine.
- The check in procedure will remain paperless; on arrival you will be welcomed by a member of staff who will advise you of your room location and any additional information required.
- We will continue to support NHS Track and Trace scheme by displaying the NHS QR Poster in reception, although this is not mandatory.
- We ask that all guests practice regular and thorough hand-washing.
- Our staff will be asked to carry out Lateral Flow Tests on a regular basis at home before coming to the House.
- Should a member of staff or anyone in their household display symptoms of Covid-19, they will be asked to follow current government guidelines.
- Staff will continue to use face coverings, gloves and any additional PPE which may be required during contact with guests.
- Staff will continue to carry out our enhanced cleaning of all high contact points and public areas. They will practice thorough and regular hand-washing.
Meeting Space and Public Areas
- There is no longer a requirement to observe social distancing of 1m+, but we would ask guests to respect one another’s personal space.
- It is important for meeting spaces to be well ventilated to prevent transmission of Covid-19 particles and other bacteria; we will therefore require windows or a door to be open to allow airflow. Guests should bear this in mind in terms of clothing.
- We strongly encourage the continued use of the hand sanitiser points located at all entrances and exits as well as throughout the building.
- Meeting rooms and equipment will be sanitised at the end of each day.
- Water coolers have been installed in each meeting room.
In addition to our usual high standards of cleaning, the following changes have been implemented.
- We will continue to service rooms only on departure and not during your short stay. Guests staying multiple nights who require a change of towels, for example, should ask at Reception.
- Housekeeping staff will place additional emphasis on the cleaning of common areas.
- Our housekeeping team will be provided with PPE whilst cleaning bedrooms. We will also have windows and doors open during the process to ensure proper ventilation.
- Any maintenance needs identified by guests or housekeeping staff will only be addressed after the rooms have been vacated unless urgent, in which case they will be addressed as soon as possible but with guests away from their rooms. If maintenance work will necessitate external contractors, the guests will be moved to an alternative room before the work is carried out, where possible.
- All guest information is now available by scanning the QR code located on the back of bedroom doors. Should you require any information please do not hesitate to ask a staff member.
- Continental breakfast and pre-packed items such as cereal will be available to collect from the buffet. Our cooked breakfast will continue to be plated and served by a staff member.
- Lunch and dinner are plated services.
- Staff will be provided with the correct PPE for all hospitality services.
- Guests will be encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly before all meals and hand sanitiser is also available at the entrance to dining room.